Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else



What makes me different? This is hard. Sometimes, I honestly feel like everyone else in this state.

I could say that I can be a pretty decent photographer, but then so is half of Utah. I could say that I am really crafty, but then again, so is half of Utah. I could say that I have a talent for decorating and making a house look like a home, but then again, so can a lot of people.

I sing, I bake, I craft, I renovate, I take picture, I try to dance...I pretty much do whatever seems fun and interesting. 

Maybe that is what makes me different. I can do whatever I put my mind to. If I see a renovation project or a craft that I like, I go out and get the supplies and then recreate the project.  It is very satisfying to accomplish tasks like this. Just being able to have a finished project and know that I did it by myself with my own skill is very gratifying.  

I think another thing that makes me different from some is that I am truly genuine. If I offer to help you it is because I actually want to help you and not for the praise or outward rewards but because I want to do for  others what they cannot do for themselves.  I like to do nice things for people so that they might have a little more happiness. You will never find me doing something just for the title or praise. This is a huge pet peeve of mine actually. I have known people that tell everyone they are leaders or take up volunteer opportunities just to tell everyone how many places they volunteer and more or less express how wonderful they are. I get severely annoyed by this attitude. *SIGH* I guess I should just be glad that they are volunteering in the first place and not care about the reasons behind the work. 

Any way, this has turned into some kind of entrance essay for a scholarship on why I am so amazing. LOL. 

I'm just a normal person with eclectic interest. 

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment