Thursday, May 26, 2011

Well, I didn't expect that

Today I discovered that the pup had an accident in her crate...well, It was either an accident or it was a whole lot of puppy drool. Either way, I decided that I would wash the towels we had put in there and the toys as well. I am a bit of a sanitizing freak so I washed everything in scalding hot water. After the wash was complete I opened the lid to my washer to discover a whole lot of fluff. No really the teddy bear Freyja loves to chew on had exploded...
 In case you ever wanted to know what the inside of your washer will look like after a stuffed animal spews forth its innards....
The stuffed animal was a white ballerina bear...actually it was one of my favorite bears when I was younger. Freyja took a liking to it so I let her have it. I didn't want her to get lonely in her crate. ;-) 
The culprit. 
 I honestly should have known better and expect this to happen, But really the only concern I had was for the bear turning blue from the navy towels. Apparently I was worrying about the wrong thing, because the only thing that turned blue was the stuffing. 
I assumed if the puppy could chew and drag and toss around the stuff animal then it could go through the wash cycle without any issues.
Well, I learned my lesson. 
But don't worry, I was able to save the bear. As a matter of fact, it looked good as new when I was done with it. With a little fishing line and a needle, I was able to put all the innards back where they belonged and return the bear to the puppy....so she could destroy it on her own... 



No comments:

Post a Comment