Friday, March 25, 2011

FrIdAy CoNfEsSiOnAl

I am so glad Friday is finally here! That means tomorrow is SATURDAY! Yeahoooo!!! I love Saturdays because I get to spend the whole day with my Jeff! =) Any way, back to the real point of this  post.....


I proudly confess:

  • I have discovered online garden nurseries.
  • This past week I have purchased 3 Kaliedascope butterfly bushes and 1 Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea bush for my yard.
  • ALL ONLINE!
  • Take that Glover Nursery (that doesn't have any plants yet!)
  • Ok it really isn't the Nurseries fault that they don't have flowers yet.
  • I understand it is only March and still snowing...But I am ready to GARDEN!!!
  • Therefore, while working this week I have been shopping for plants. 
  • Tonight I shop for more dahlia bulbs. 
  • Dahlias are one of my favorite flowers. 
  • I think they have bypassed my love for lilies. 
  • Jeff does not like my gardening obsession. 
  • I talk about landscaping and he cringes and thinks about how the money could buy him an iPad. 
  • I hate the male obsession with computers and electronics. 
  • I sigh in exasperation every time he mentions that he "NEEDS" a new gaming computer. 
  • UGH!!!! Just hurt me!
  • Next time I am going to tell him that his "needing" a new computer is like me "needing" a pair of Jimmy Choos.
  • I keep telling him that if he would get his muscle car sold I would allow him to get an iPad.
  • Does anyone want a 1960something, cherry red Pontiac?
  • I want it sold....like last year.....
  • If we sold it, I could get an arbor with a gate for my garden!
  • That would be wonderful.

Well, that's it for this week. Go ahead and check out my new bushes below.


Kaleidiscope Butterfly Bush.

Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea (SOURCE)




3 comments:

  1. James would like to know what kind of muscle car it is exactly. Not that he has the money to buy it but he is curious. He says if its a 1960s firebird he would walk back to Utah to help him restore it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is actually already restored.... But it is a 1966? Le Mans with a GT engin. It is pretty but it needs a new home. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all fairness, you can't fault him for wanting those things. It's in the Y chromosome next to the gene that likes bright shiny things and behind the one that makes guys like things that go BOOM! It truly is a need and when we can find something that is shiny and makes loud boom sounds, well, life just doesn't get any better. :-)

    ReplyDelete