Monday, March 14, 2011

I Want a Secret Garden Too!



Ever since I was a wee lass I have ADORED the Secret Garden. It was my favorite movie, one of my favorite musicals and my favorite imagination game. 
Did you ever play imagination games? Well, its like playing house but instead we played like we were characters in the secret garden. I would get together with my two friends, Angie and Tiffany, and we would dress up in fancy dresses  and run around parks and our yards and anywhere else we could turn into a secret garden. 
I believe this obsession with The Secret Garden was what sparked my enthusiasm for gardening. 
I WANT A SECRET GARDEN STAT!
On Saturday my SIL and I went to Tai Pan to buy some spring decor. They had thousand of silk flowers on display throughout the entire store. They also had a section of iron garden decor. They had these awesome archways, gazebo's, cafe tables, fountains, etc. OH MY HECK! It made me crazy with the need to create my own secret garden. I am a bit obsessed with it now. I CANNOT WAIT FOR FLOWERS! I just want to start planting a million bushes and flowers and shrubs and trees and..... Unfortunately, starting from scratch, like I would have to do, would take years to get the desired 'overgrown' affect I want. 
I guess that means I better get started now!

I feel that a secret garden needs an overgrown archway...


Also, a nice gate would be lovely. 

Ooooo, and a pond.


And of course, a place to sit and enjoy it all. 

SIGH I think secret gardens are just plain Romantic, with a capital "R".

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are making my obsession grow!!! I love it! I need a secret garden too!!!

    ReplyDelete