Tuesday, April 26, 2011

THAT'S RIGHT, WE'RE DISNEY FREAKS. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?


This past week Jeff and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. I was surprised that it had already been a year but at the same time, it felt like we had already been together forever. I guess having a busy year like we did will do that. We decided that we were glad to have been married when we dealt with all of last years trials. We both agree that they were far easier to deal with together than they would have been alone. Just a friendly reminder that God does know what he is doing.
So, for our anniversary we decided to celebrate it in the happiest place on earth....DISNEYLAND!


I am so glad we did. Disneyland is just fantastic and this trip reminded me of how much I love that place. It is so magical and truly makes you feel like a kid again. That being said...
YES,  we happen to be some of those adults that are Disney freaks. I think I am a bit more of a freak than Jeff....I totally made him wait in all the lines to get pictures with the Disney characters. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha! He may say otherwise, but he totally loved every minute of it. Especially the part where the Queen of Hearts tried to run away with him...


I have to confess something....maybe I should wait until Friday Confessional... Naw, I'll tell you right now. I secretly want to be a Disney princess. No, really, I want to be a Disney princess. I even once applied to work for Disney World through a student exchange thing. Alas, last minute I decided not to go to the interview and focus on getting into nursing school instead. LAME! A friend of mine ended up going and had a great time. She once told me that I could have never been a Disney princess because I was too tall. They only wanted girls 5'6" or shorter. I was like, WHATEVER! I was so devastated. Well, there we were in Disneyland....in Fantasyland....when I was presented an opportunity to get pictures with some of the princesses. One happened to be my favorite princess... Can you guess which one? Snow white of course. Imagine my excitement when I discovered that all the princess were my height or taller. I WAS SO HAPPY! I think it just gave a little spark of hope in me that I too could possibly be a Disney princess...assuming I could become a size 6....but that is much more do-able than cutting off my ankles.


All in all, we had a fantastic trip and wonderful anniversary in the happiest place on earth. I can't wait until we go back! I wish it could be next week. ;-)



PS In case all of you were wondering, As much as Jeff tried, he could not pull that blasted sword from the stone.

3 comments:

  1. I'm soooooo happy for you guys!!! I was trying to convince Jeff that you guys NEED to come back with us in December!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to spend Thanksgiving there? I'm still thinking I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to tell you, when I was going to college for animation, I was ready seriously ready to move to California. AND I was thinking of being a Disney Princess as well. Tee hee. They are just so magical!!

    ReplyDelete