Monday, April 18, 2011

SOME MORE musings from the sleep deprived....


As the days inch closer and closer to my 1 year anniversary, I find my mind wandering more and more to all those past dating experiences you hope you will never experience again.
When one of these...sometimes horrible, dating memories come to mind I say a little prayer of gratitude that that part of my life is over, HOPEFULLY, forever. I am so grateful that I found the perfect man for me that allows me to tease him endlessly and always throw sarcastic retorts at him. He is SUCH a trouper and can definitely give back what he gets.

ANY WAY, with all of my dating days of the past re-playing through my ever moving mind, I have decided to share some highlights of my past dating life that make me giggle.

~My first ever kiss when, boyfriend at the time, followed me around my kitchen staring at my lips as I tried to ignore him....He was a persistent boy that, in the end, became my first ever, unimpressive, peck on the lips. I only kissed him one other time and decided that the work required to help this boy improve was far to great and I just didn't have the time for it and sent him on his way. 

~My third ever kiss when, weird boy from Judge Memorial HS, decided he deserved a kiss after a date. He, unfortunately, had some kind of turrets of the tongue and licked my entire lower face.... Um, yeah it WAS as bad as it sounds. I politely wiped my face off on his shirt and slipped into my car....then avoided his phone calls like the plague.
 
~The most awkward, are you sure you should be out with me, date. Naturally I met this man online. MISTAKE. We went to dinner and he told me all about his days as a BYU ballroom dancer. His GLORY DAYS I might add. Then during a conversation about a ferret he said, "Eww, icky!" with complete sincerity. Bless his heart.

    There have been dates that ended with a hand shake, dates where the guy flirted with other girls, dates where the guy LITERALLY ran away from me in the parking lot after informing me mid-lunch that he had to go, and dates that I thought would never end. Ahhh, the memories. Precious nuggets of gold.

    I can't say that I had all bad dates or that all the guys were idiots...just most of them. I think out of all the guys I dated there were maybe 3 genuinely good guys I went out with that made it passed the 2 date rule. Two of these great guys just weren't for me and the third....well I married him.

    Moral of the story? Even though there are FAR TOO MANY immature, undisciplined, and irresponsible males out there, there are a few worth while ones that, in the end, may steal your heart and make it all better. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment