Sunday, August 1, 2010

Just discovered this woman....



I recently discovered this amazing woman's blog. It was a slow night at work, and a lucky thing too because I read her blog all night long. It took every ounce of strength not to sob right at work. 
While reading her blog and watching her message, I felt a bunch of raw emotions. I definitely felt a spark of inspiration from her story and her courage, but at the same time I felt a sense of guilt. I felt, and still feel, so grateful that I have not had to experience what she has. I feel a bit guilty for knowing that I would not have the faith to be as strong as her. Even now, with all the recent changes and struggles in my life, I have not had a pinkie fingers worth of her courage. I guess that is why God gave me Jeff. When I have absolutely no courage or faith, he does. I cannot tell you how many times I have had massive emotional melt downs, and he has just taken over.
This woman's story has truly humbled me. 
Her story has made me want to try harder, to do more, and be more.
It has inspired me to take a long hard look at the eternal picture and  my divine role. It reminds me that there are hundreds of things to be grateful for every single day. It has given me hope.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing message. I can't imagine what she's had to go through. But remember you are a strong woman too, Melissa, you were sent here for a purpose and you will be able to meet your challenges. (And now you have another half to help!)

    ReplyDelete