Monday, August 2, 2010

free time = domestic time

With work being slow and no overtime in sight, I have a lot of free time on my hands. Free time leads to baking and gardening.  I also think  having the husband home all day brings out the domestic side of me. 



I made my mom a carrot cake for her birthday. So...it doesn't look very professional, but it tastes awesome!


I have also been trying so hard to get a somewhat landscaped yard. This has been quite a task because when I bought the house back in October the yard was completely dead and full of weeds/rocks. 
My dad has been helping me with getting in the seed for grass and boarders for flower beds. I leave the grass to him and I work on the flower beds. Im pretty sure my love for gardening came from a combination of my dad's love for it and my love of the book Secret Garden.
Here are a few of my beauties.


The Dahlias have just started blooming. They are seriously lovely! If I had known how well they would turn out I would have planted a dozen bulbs. Next year for sure!








Next year I plan on dropping in a bunch more bulbs and rivaling Temple Squares gardens. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment