Saturday, August 14, 2010

I think I will just lie on my grass...

 
Today was the first day since moving into our house that I have been able to say this!
Since we grew our lovely grass from seed it has been a long time coming. 
All the nurturing is FINALLY paying off!
I can honestly say that it is LUSH and VIBRANT.





On another note, our door is finally finished. It was not as easy as I thought. 
Because our door is steel, the paint doesn't absorbed evenly. 
I ended up doing 3 coats and tried both a roller and a brush. 
Both left random texture. 
We have decided (because I am super type A and will not be satisfied with it in its current state)to use a sprayer and try again. I am thinking that a sprayer is the only way to get the smooth texture I am trying for. Other than that, I LOVE the COLOR!
Also, I am still trying to find the perfect wreath...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, those steel doors are hard. You wouldn't think it but they are. This last time I painted our door, I used a foam brush. Was scared at first because I had touched up the door a few years before and had mesed it up by using a paint brush. Pretty color.

    ReplyDelete