Saturday, July 10, 2010

Camping with Ma and Pa Dahl

 
  Over the 4th of July weekend Jeff and I went camping with my parents at Bear Lake. We always stay toward the end of the Logan Canyon in Sunrise campgrounds. It is just 20 min from Garden City. It is the perfect location because you get the beauty and ambiance of the mountains and the closeness of the lake. It was so nice to get out in the fresh mountain air. I love camping! Have you noticed how the mountain air makes all the food so much better?!? I swear it makes even the most normal meal an exceptional meal!
  We went to the beach one day and Jeff and I attempted to tan our skin while the parents hid under a shade canopy. The weather was nice and warm during the day a perfectly cool at night. On one of the other days we went to the Minnnetonka cave and "hiked" up and down 888 steps. I was so proud of Jeff. I think it made him feel good to be doing something semi-active. It was kind of like his last hurrah before the total knee replacement.
  Such a nice little escape from reality.

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide what the person in the background of the middle pic on the bottom is doing...and yes, camping food always tastes better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He had jumped across the little spring on rocks to get to the big rock in the middle. I think he was pointing to his friends regarding where to step. I had no idea he was behind us until we saw the picture. ;-)

    ReplyDelete