Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THE BIG 30!! HaRrY pOtTeR sTyLe

It happened. 
I turned 30! 
It was inevitable and I have been building myself up for the event for quite some time. 
I decided that instead of being sad about it, I would embrace the event and throw an amazing party.
For years I have talked about having a Harry Potter themed party. Like a full blown Harry Potter party! 
I decided there was no better time than my 30th birthday. 

~The invites~


~The Decor~







~The Peeps~
(Well, some of them)




~They made me wear the sorting hat during the birthday song~



~Amber was so sweet and made me a Harry Potter cake!~


I felt so loved by the turnout of friends and family. As a matter of fact, for those 10 people that left the party before I had the sense to take pictures, I love you all and thank you so much for coming to celebrate with me! 
Being able to celebrate with fabulous people, Harry Potter style, seriously made my day MAGICAL! 
Eh eh, see what I did there? ;-)

The next day was my ACTUAL birthday, January 5th. Growing up I shared my birthday with my amazing grandma...I totally miss her...and then sort of shared with my brother because his birthday was on January 2. Any way, my mom bought this birthday candle when we were really little and She would pull this candle out for everyone's birthday.Who am I kidding! She STILL pulls it out for everyone's birthday. This candle will last forever because we only light it long enough to sing to the birthday person and have them blow it out. 
Ah, good times!
 So, my brother and I decided to recreate a picture that was taken of us with the candle when we were little. 








This birthday was the BEST birthday I have had in a long time. I am so grateful for all of the friends and family that made it possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment