Sunday, June 8, 2014

Afternoon tea, anyone?

I recently discovered my ancestry after sending off a DNA test. I was strangely excited by the results, although not entirely surprised.
 Being adopted and the dark haired child in a blond, pretty darn Scandinavian family, I have always wondered what my heritage was. Over the years many people have put in their guesses, my mom assumed I was french, but I always felt like I should have been British. So, when the results came back, even though everyone and their dog has British ancestry, I was very pleased to discover I was 59% British. All the obsessions with hats, English gardens, the Union Jack, British comedy, and pretty much all things ladylike made perfect sense. Ha Ha! Well, at least I had an excuse now for all those obsessions. 
It was about a week after I received my results that I decided I needed to celebrate, and what better way to do that than afternoon tea. I invited my adorable nieces, friends, and family. Girls only, of course! 



There was  much giggling, some not so great British accents, and many sugar rushes. Quite a lovely time if you ask me. 





Cheers!

1 comment: