Monday, January 6, 2014

ChRiStMaS fUn

I started preparing for Christmas far before Christmas. I had my decoration up toward the beginning of November, true story. I just knew the minute December hit everything would fly by and I would be too busy to enjoy it. I was right. I seriously don't know how I would have gotten everything done if I hadn't started early. 



I can honestly say that Christmas is, BY FAR, my FAVORITE time of year. I LOVE IT! I love shopping, I love wrapping, seriously cannot get enough of wrapping, I love giving gifts, I love snow, I love lights, I love the hustle and bustle, I love the smell of Christmas, and just everything! I get really bummed when it's over. I call it my post Christmas depression. Any way....A few of the traditions we have started are going to see the lights on Temple Square, seeing the Nutcracker, and buying a REAL Christmas tree for our bedroom. We keep pretty busy during the Holiday season. We always like to try something different and if we love it, we keep it on our list for the next year. We are ALWAYS looking for ideas or suggestion though. :-D




So, every year we celebrate Norwegian Christmas on Christmas Eve with my aunt, uncle and cousins. We have done this for as long as I can remember and it is basically my favorite part of Christmas. We get together and eat Norwegian food...LOTS of AMAZING Norwegian food and then exchange gifts and just enjoy being together. This year we had the kids dress up and do a little presentation.The girls were Santa Lucia and the boys were julenisse. Santa Lucia is basically the patron saint of light and the julenisse is the Norwegian Santa Claus. So fun!


Later Christmas Eve we went to eat some more delicious food at Jeff's family party. I had so much to eat that day I thought I would burst! After the party I had to go into work for 6 hours...where I ate more food and waited for Christmas day. 



Hello! Isn't baby Miles' motorcycle jacket, that his favorite aunt Melissa gave him, adorable?!? 
Well, there you have it. A few weeks late, but what a fun Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment