Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hutch and Chair Re-do

Finally it is here!!! 
I finished my hutch and chairs AT LAST!
This task took me WAY too long. I have been lollygagging for over a year now and finally got the motivation to finish them...a dinner party for Jeff's birthday. 




Well, in case you all forgot, here is the BEFORE of the hutch: 

 Not bad for $75 off KSL. 
Any way, I ended up painting a first coat of  Annie Sloan chalk paint in duck egg and then topping it with a coat of ASCP in old white. 
I then distressed it to let the blue show through. 


After much debate  I also decided to keep the inside duck egg blue and then line the back of the hutch with a really pretty scroll fabric. 


The end result was, in my opinion, worth all the work. 





As for my chairs....I cannot seem to find my before picture..ANYWHERE. It really is frustrating. oh well.
Any way, I decided to match the chairs to my hutch. So, I reupholstered the cushions in the same scroll fabric and painted the chairs in old white ASCP.  I also distressed them.
 Very shabby chic. 


Ta Da! Now I can move on to my next project...
Mwahahahahahaha!
PS...I apologize for the poor photos. I had very bad lighting. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment