Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Kumla


So, over Halloween weekend my dad and I decided to make the infamous Kumla. 
This is a delightful Norwegian dish that is basically a salty potato dumpling. It is served with salt pork, ham, bacon, melted butter, etc. All the good stuff!
It is mmm mmmm good!
An ultimate comfort food....assuming you don't suffer from kidney problems or high blood pressure...
We have had this several times on our visits to Norway and and after this last visit we swore we would learn to make it ourselves. So, out came the trusty Norwegian cookbook. 
We decided to stuff our Kumla with ham and serve it with salt pork on the side. 
A major SUCCESS!




2 comments:

  1. mmmm---my mouth is watering! Looks yummy! I would have foregone all the other stuff and had my kommlar with just melted butter and left overs are even better fried in the pan with butter and onions! So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete